Fatty Tuna Toro Sushi

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Found Out


I woke up late.. but not that late. I had time to print my professor's hand outs, somehow read them and prepare to got to school with a few minutes to spare. 


And then I found out that I was missing one other file, which turned out to be the longest among the other handouts. Slight panic mode ensued. My classmate Sir Erik was kind enough to go over his notes with me and some other classmates. (Thank you,sir.) 



And then I found out another thing. Cheat sheets were allowed if they're handwritten and only one page. FUUUUCCCKKK! It was announced the meeting before the last that it wont be open-notes and I was absent during the last meeting. I was the only one without cheat sheet. And I was guessing half the time. 
I can almost see the result. 

Anyway, I was surprised when I found out yet another thing. I was one of the top three demo-teachers in that class (excluding the experienced teachers like Sir Erik).  I didn't win the first place but being nominated by my classmate was enough. And I remember my demo-teaching day.

It was already morning and I have not yet chosen a topic. I was choosing between Stratigraphy and fossils. I know they're closely related. I chose the first one. I finished my lesson plan around noon and I haven't done my materials and my slides by then. I guess I really do have buzzer-beater in my genes. I just thought of a good exploration activity (isang malupit na activity) , a failed graham cake. Well, I hoped they had fun with that activity since my assessment for that demo wasn't that good. (That was why I was very surprised I was even nominated.

That class made me realize one major thing. I don't have a scientific mind. 

After that was a sem-ender party of my 141 class (we're having a party even though we still have quite a lot of requirements in there) .

The professor brought quite a lot of food. Pancit, barbeque, puto, doughnuts and softdrinks. There were quite a lot of each. We had games and other stuffs done at low-budget parties but they're quite fun mostly because of my classmates. Karl was even walking like a showgirl around the room. Epic.

On my way home, I observed one freaks of nature. It was raining quite heavily around the Acad Oval (including in front of Quezon Hall) but a few feet after that, along University Ave. the asphalt road was dry. WTF? 


2 comments:

  1. At eto pala ang kwento ng mahiwagang graham cake. Hahaha.

    UP's very own microclimate for the win. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo. pinarefrigerate ng prof... tas nakalimutan na namin.. naalala ko, uwian na... 4 na lang kami kumain... *yao* nakakaumay. hahahaha as in graham crackers+graham crumbs+breadstixx crumbs+condensed milk.. wala man lang cream.. well, pinagtyagaan na namin.. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete