Fatty Tuna Toro Sushi

Monday, October 8, 2012

I Ate at Hap Chan



I went to SM North Annex with some friends and was about to enter a Japanese resto when we noticed the Hap Chan beside it. I dragged my friends there instead. It turns out my friend frequents a branch of it with her family. I must say that I liked the place better than what we were about to enter. 



The place had an oriental ambiance in it, mostly white and red. It was small but it looks so clean and thus, inviting. The seats and porcelain wares are also pure white. I particularly liked the red Chinese lanterns hanging from the ceiling. One wall has printed bamboo leaves and halfway the opposite wall were mirrors, probably to try to make the place look more spacious.




When we sat down, we were immediately given a pot of tea and small tea cups. We were also given the menu. It was nice but the tea leaves/bag tasted a bit overused. It also wasn't exactly fragrant. I was not sure what type of tea it was.

There were meals available that were good for 1 person but we chose to buy individual dishes instead.




We ordered yang chao rice. I must say that the yang chao rice itself was a meal on itself. It costed 230 php and was good for 2-3 persons.




We also ordered sauteed beef with broccoli for 240 php. I really liked that one. When I order that dish in most restaurants, the broccoli usually were already brownish. This time it was still green and somehow fresh. (The best sauteed beef with broccoli I've eaten was still the one we ate at a resto at Baguio; I think it was near Mine's View Park.)

We would have ordered some more but we didn't bring extra cash. I wanted to try the Thousand Cakes for 85php but I was already full. 




Hap Chan is a good choice when you're in a group of 4 or more persons. It would also be good for a family dine-out. 

I'd like to return there to try out the other dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment