Fatty Tuna Toro Sushi

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I Want to be a Hikikomori Once Again.



I have been out for 12 days… so much for the daily entry I wanted.

I have been quite busy and will still be quite busy. These have been hell weeks for me. A lot of requirements had already piled up on me.


Recap for my past few days:

Last Sept 17, I went to CSB (College of Saint Benilde). I met with a few of my classmates and my prof. Good thing I did, since given my sense of direction, I would totally get lost. One of my underclassmen had a quite unforgettable experience with LRT1. I didn’t think I would even witness something like that happen in real life. She almost got crushed in a train door. HAHAHA. We had to pull her out. When she got out, we realized her backpack was still stuck and the train was almost about to move. We had to give a huge heave to save her. Pity since we were not able to capture it in photo. We were panicking. We were able to safely arrive to our destination (somehow). At the destination, we faced another ordeal. How to present our crammed FSL video presentation to a deaf class without wanting the earth surface to crack and swallow us all. It was embarrassing to say the least.

I was too nervous that I couldn’t sign well and I can’t even read what they were trying to fingerspell. But the earth surface wont agree with us. Fortunately, we survived. The only issues in the video my group made was that it has no caption/lyrics (which is not really a biggie) and few – around 5 – signs in our video were wrong (which was a big thing). We were not bashed too much so we still went home with our dignity somehow intact. The thing was, it was just a draft. We had to reshoot it for final presentation and upload it in youtube.com. I actually do like doing the post-production but I am still a bit lost on the new version of windows moviemaker in this netbook. But I can survive that. I will. Oh yeah, we got the highest rating (rated by the deaf class). We got a grade of 1.46 for it which is not really bad. Actually, not bad at all. I was expecting 3.0 – 2.0.

Sept 18, I had a report (for EDART) which of course, another crammed thing. I had a hard time trying to comprehend the journals, not to mention a lot of them were quite long.

Sept 20, I had yet another report. It was about modern technology in teaching early grades. It was crammed but I guess i also did a bit fine on it. The thing was, we were supposed to watch Phantom of the Opera at CCP that night. I wasn’t able to go since I had to spend my money on a lot of other academic-related stuff. I really wanted to go but I have no money for even the cheapest ticket. I swear Phantom was haunting me. That day, I had 2 classmates wearing Phantom of the Opera shirts. Those black T-shirt with the white mask encircled by the title. And then I kept on seeing buses with promotional poster/sticker/advertisement of the said play. Oh life, how can you be so cruel?

Another thing on that day, a friend asked me to help her illustrate a children story about over-fishing. They were going to present it to one of their classes. I was struck by an idea. Why not use it as a creative output for my EDART class. So on the night of Sept 21, I as usual crammed (1/4 cartolina sized) 11 pages of drawings. I have to confess that the later pages are too half-assed.

On Sept 22, we went to Manila Bay. We were supposed to meet at SM North at 10:00 but there was a mixed up (or just stupidity and excuses) from the president of the would-be-established-next-semester organization called UP REAd. So we started on our way past 11:30 and arrived at the venue past 1pm. There were also a lot of unprecedented events like the heavy rain and the missing target kids. We were supposed to just pull street kids and tell them the story, do a little processing, proceed to a small art activity and then give them some simple merienda. The street kids were no where to be seen. Luckily, we were able to pull some kids from a party going on around the area. The rain was a problem too. We had to take shelter from the rain in a comfort room. Yes,a comfort room. The thing was, it wasn’t just us. [-____-"]

Well, it was still fun and worth it. I felt a bit useful somehow.









After that, I went to MOA with 2 of my friends. The thing was, we forgot that the UAAP 2012 cheer dance competition was also happening there at MOA. Going home was close to hell. The crowd was too much. It was close to the point where you just want to massacre everyone in there. But we still somehow had fun. UP won again. WOOOHOOO~~~ I wasn’t able to watch it live or in TV. I caught up through youtube. The winning factor of UP Pep Squad (aside from the great routine) was probably the “angas” factor. Everyone – boys and girls – were semi-skin head. At far, it was hard to distinguish the dancer’s gender. The second placer was FEU. FEU’s theme was jungle. It was actually very good too. The third placer was NU. I don’t want to comment on NU. But I must say that that was the first time, since I started watching UAAP CDC, that NU was able to get a place in top 3.


We were even lucky enough to chance upon a fireworks display but unlucky that we had to watch it while in the middle of a street under a heavy rainfall.
Anyhow, I’m still plagued with my acads and my tendency to escape stress was acting up again. I had a lot of papers and journals to write. We were also preparing for a story-telling of a Filipino translation of Rainbow Fish at SiKat. It was scheduled on Monday. Good thing I’m done with my demonstrations. I have to work on my observation hours and my upcoming exams. I wish I did well enough on my EDTEG 2nd exam so I can get exempted for the finals. I will also be attending two seminars on Saturday.

Anyway, a few weeks more and I’m free. As free as a financially-dependent NEET I could be. I will be needing to work and prep for my LET

No comments:

Post a Comment