Fatty Tuna Toro Sushi

Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Hate Being a Poor Student.



Both my legs are a bit sore. It’s because I did quite a lot standing, walking, half-running around the (33rd) Manila International Book Fair today at SMX. I love reading books, though I’m a bit nit-picky with what I read. I’m mostly in love with teen fiction novels like Harry Potter (of course!), Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, etc. I love book sales and book fairs. I just found out about MIBF last year and really did love it. I swore that checking it would become an annual thing. So I came for the second time.

It was like heaven.

Books! Books everywhere.



Authors and illustrators signing their works. Photo ops.

And most of the titles are discounted (Hallelujah!).

Looking around the booths (specially in National Bookstore) is both bliss and torture. I really love looking around for books I want to buy but it really is tormenting to not being able to buy it. I don’t have enough moolah even though they’re discounted. I wanted to buy quite a lot of sets. But I really can’t unless I’m planning to pawn everything I have with me and walk home (which would be kind of hard since SMX is more than 2 hours away by bus).

With the money I have with me, I was only able to buy the first 2 books from George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series. I really want to read them all. It was highly recommended by some of my friends and I love the American TV series. Looking for the “book version” cover of the first book was quite hard since almost all of the ones in display has the “series version” cover with Sean Bean on the iron throne. I love Sean Bean but I want the blue cover more. I also bought the 2nd book. I swear that I’ll complete this series. I should have the other 3 already-released books by the end of 34th MIBF. I’m not picky, paperbacks are more than welcome.




My 2 precious books for this year. Each originally costs 315 php each but with 20% discount, I was able to buy them for 252 php each. Ah~ such bliss.


I swear they’ll all be mine. *insert evil laugh here*

I found a lot of titles I want to have. Maybe next year. Yeah, probably next year.

I was also able to buy Ramon Bautista’s book “Bakit Hindi Ka Crush ng Crush Mo”. One word to describe the whole book: “sabaw”. Hahaha. It’s fantastic. The funny photos, witty quotes, sarcastic-yet-sensible answers… everything really do points to how amazing the author is. There was also a free “artista” notebook. It was a parody of the old cheap notebooks you can buy with horrible and hideous pictures of actors and actresses.


Too much RB love~ <3

We also lined up for the book signing. The line was so long. It’s almost like lining up for prerog for PE or MST subjects or lining up for NFA rice. We were there for almost 3 hours.


I wont miss the opportunity to take a photo with RB. <33

You can guess how sore his fingers were by the time he signed my copy. But of course, I still love them. XD Diwata~ <3

Tado, Stanley Chi and Ramon Bautista.

I really have no great photo of them. I’m sorry I fail as a fangirlghei when there’s just too much awesomeness in the air.

I forgot to bring my copy of “Suplado Tips” by Stanley Chi. I was also not able to buy Tado Jimenez’ autobiography bio-eulogy. I really want them. ;A;

Jun Sabayton also visited for a short time in their book-signing session. If you add Lourd de Veyra and Angel Rivero to the mix, the place might just explode with pure awesomeness.


Stanley Chi and Jun Sabayton. It was hard to take a photo so I forced my mom friend, Bekimom Noh, to take it. XD

All in all, though we were not really able to roam around the fair as much as we want, it was still very fun. Fun and frustrating for those, like us, poor students.



Fanghei through and through.
Next year. I really will buy a lot. Hopefully I’m no longer a useless human being by then.

2 comments:

  1. hindi ako naiinggit. tsk.

    pabasa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pfft. hahahaha. may comment na pala... *yao*

    sure... kailan?

    ReplyDelete