Fatty Tuna Toro Sushi

Saturday, September 29, 2012

I Attended a Workshop



I woke up quite late so I wasn’t able to attend the morning forum. There were illustrator guests. It was one forum from the series of fora held in our college in celebration of literacy month. The ticket for the undergrads was only a book donation while it costs 120 php (I think) for the graduate students.

I just arrived in time for the afternoon workshop on story-telling. I bought a book from Adarna Publishing House for donation. It was a re-illustrated version of one of Rio Alma’s children picture books. I honestly don’t want to part with it because I really love the illustrations. It was Ang Alamat ng Palay. It was a good read.



The workshop itself was quite fun. I learned quite a number of story-telling techniques like the kamishibai, story-knifing, story-telling through blankets, handkerchief, hands, etc. I listened to the talk and participated somehow.

It was fun. There were some free scalding hot coffee and biscuits. We also did some intro activity, a revised The Boat is Sinking game. We had to tear up a paper shirt first and write some stuff at it. But after it was done, I had a paper with no further use, so I did a quite natural thing. I doodled while listening. I did listen.



My masterpiece. XDD


Me and my kouhai.

After that, I ate 10 sticks of fried isaw. [-________-"] Saki’s bad influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment