Fatty Tuna Toro Sushi

Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm Going to Do Some Food Dump.



So, this will be image heavy, very image heavy. The photos here were mostly taken using a mobile phone so the resolution sucks. But some were taken by a camera so they'll be a bit better.

Food were from a lot of different food chains and restaurants, while others were more random stuffs. 

This included Chic-Boy, Dampa, Max's Restaurant, Classic Savory, Friuli, Fancy Cakes, Banaple and other stuffs. 

I will repeat. HEAVY IMAGE-LADDEN POST.



CHICBOY

No, I don't really like Chic-Boy. They do have affordable price, around 100php per meal, and unlimited price, but I don't really like the meat. Their roasted/grilled meat were still hard to chew. I prefer Mang Inasal since they have almost the same menu and price but tastier meat but I am still not a fan of it. Probably mostly because my family always eats in there when we can't think of anywhere to eat.

KENNY ROGERS


A random photo of mac and cheese side dish from Kenny Rogers. My family prefers the meal sets when we go there. Cheaper than individual meals that were around 150 php. It was the only resto where they serve mashed sweet potato, or so I think.


BANAPLE


Banaple blueberry cheesecake. FUCK. This is happiness. A whole cake costs around 1000 php. Mid range price as whole cheesecakes go. Closest Banaple outlet I know is in Katipunan.

FANCY CAKES


This is Nutella Cheesecake from Fancy Cakes in Maginhawa Street, QC. This slice costs around 90 php. They have quite a few cheesecake flavors I've only seen there. This Nutella cheesecake was a bit disappointing. The white chocolate cheesecake was much better.

MAX'S RESTAURANT



Roasted Nuts


A lot of food. We were too excited to eat and didn't take a decent photo.


Buko Pandan Dessert

My family goes there during random cravings since it's the closest restaurant in our place. We order  half table sets in there, they cost around 2000 php. We add some other dishes we fancy. They're good for 5-6 persons. During this meal, we had nuts (appetizer), soup of the day, sinigang na hipon, pinakbet, liempo, daing na bangus, chicken, pancit, potato ball and some other things I can't remember.

DAMPA


Green mango and shrimp paste. "Free" in every meal, technically, since we did not order them. But of course it was paid somewhere in that bill. The shrimp paste was delicious.


Sizzling pork sisig.


Sizzling buttered shrimp. Not a good idea to make it sizzling since the sauce dried but it was good nonetheless. 


Pork liempo. 
(There is something wrong with the file. I rotated them in my pc but it kept on appearing like that)


Baked tahong.
(This one too.)


Sinigang na ulo ng Maya-maya, if I wasn'y wrong. The bowl looked like a big plant pot but it was, of course, plastic with no hole.

This Dampa we visited was the one in River Banks Mall compound. It was between the mall and the river, near where the New Year's Fireworks festival takes place. It was pretty cheap. Recommended for group dine out, 4 and up preferably. The first time we ate here, there were 5 of us and we spent exactly 500 php. The second time we ate (when these photos were taken), the meal costed us 720 php, complete with 1.5L of Coca-Cola and two servings of some of the dishes. We had to take home some of the leftovers since we were too full to finish them. A dish costs from 75-150 php. Most of them were seafood. Very affordable. Just don't eat there during occasions since they're bound to be full of families eating out. And avoid them too on rainy days.

MCDONALD'S


Just a random shot of Big Mac. I prefer eating Big Macs at home, considering the mess I do when I eat them. My parents loved ordering Happy Bundles because of their senior citizen discounts that can save up to more than 100 php. 

A RANDOM CREPE STALL AT STA. LUCIA MALL


This one was a blueberry-banana crepe for 75 php (if I remember correctly). Pretty disappointing since the blueberry part was just a jam and not the real fruit. This stall was located in front of the Bowling rink in there.

BIBIMBOB


Beef bibimbap, if I'm not wrong.


Uhh, Kimchi.

I have to admit that that was the first time I ate kimchi and bibimbap. It was quite pleasant, I guess. 99 php for the bibimbap and around 30 php (I forgot exactly how much) for the  kimchi. Pretty fulfilling meal.

FRIULI 



Puttanesca in angel's hair pasta. The phone diluted all the colors. Not my favorite but still good. I like the olives added.


Spicy tuna alfredo with mushroom. I love this one (though I still prefer the one in Gayuma ni Maria for its creaminess). It was not really spicy. The spiciness was left as an after taste. I believe that it was the tuna used in this dish.


Pizza whose name I had forgotten. It has bits of beef, mushroom, olives, onions and bell pepper. It's pretty good.


Mozzarella cheese sticks. There were four per serving,  do not believe the photo. I'm not so sure if I enjoyed this one. The wraps were too thick and hard to chew. I was supposed to be crispy.

Friuli is a small restaurant along Maginhawa Street. Recommended for groups of 4 and up. The pasta meals were good for 2-3 persons and costs around 180 php. The pizza were good for 4 persons and costs around 200 php. The mozzarella sticks were for 135 php. A pitcher of iced tea in there was 60 php and quite nice since you know that it was not the cheap Nestea powder mix, or if it was, they added something else to make it better. The food was quite good.

ZENTEA


Still along Maginhawa Street. Their milk tea costs from 65 php to 90 php if I remember correctly. This one is Naicha Milk Tea for around 70php. 

CLASSIC SAVORY



E-Meal (Economic Meal). This was savory chicken and creamy fish fillet.


Buko Pandan Dessert, but they have some other name for it. Fiesta-something.


From another time. Blueberry soda drink. Makes your tongue go blue.

Their E-meal costs 99-119php, complete with iced tea. The one in the photo was 109php. Sadly,you can't have the rice upgraded to Savory rice. The buko pandan was 45 php.

My last trip there, we had separate meals. Not recommended, since you don't get to enjoy their tasty dishes. 

Classic Savory is good for 4 and up persons so you can order dishes/platters rather than an individual meal. Try their Savory Rice Platter (195php I think), it was like a yangchao rice but better. Their Savory chicken stays true with its name, another recommended dish.  Also try their chopseuy, beef with broccoli and fish tausi, especially the last two, highly recommended. 

The first time we ate here, there were 6 of us and it costed us around 1000 php, cheaper compared to Max's and we took home some leftovers. 

KRISPY KREME



Their Christmas doughnuts. 45php per piece I think. There were only 5 designs so we chose the to add the Snickers doughnut, since the New York Cheesecake doughnut was no longer available that day. I wanted to eat the snowman's scarf. 

RANDOM 


This is Leche Flan Roll from Red Ribbon. The half-roll costs 175 php. It was good. It wasn't as sweet as how it sounds. (I tried to rotate this photo but "NO", says my blog.)


Random chocolate from Cloud 9.


Random chocolate from ChocoMucho. (Now with 10% more. -_-") 


Cheap-ass "cream-filled" chocolate biscuit, KOKOLA.


It was a fucking lie. More like powder-filled rather than cream. 
The koala was a lying bitch. Buy the panda one.




7 comments:

  1. "Banaple blueberry cheesecake. FUCK. This is happiness."
    -FVCK. Share thy happiness

    Dampa~ nagenjoy ako nung kumain ako dun. pati yung baked tahong :) ang mura, andaming makakain

    "Spicy tuna alfredo with mushroom. I love this one (though I still prefer the one in Gayuma ni Maria for its creaminess)."
    -Agree~ I like T&M best at Friuli. Nakakabusog pizzas nila.

    "The koala was a lying bitch. Buy the panda one."
    -Haha! Takot mo lang kay Panda

    SEPARATE POSTS PLES!! :)))
    napanotepad pa ko :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. separate posts? uhh... sige kapag namotivate ako mamaya. *yao*
    T&M? Nakalimutan ko if bestseller nila yang pizza na yan...
    "Share thy happiness" I want happiness right now. *yao*

    ReplyDelete
  3. T&M - Toti and eM :))) tuna and mushroom kase

    lez wait for happiness tomora~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the one with sticking out KitKat from Krispy Kreme? And was that from Savory in Rob? Go for Ermitaaaaaa <3

    I also indulged myself in food madness that I wasn't able to take a single photo and just ate them. *yao*

    And yeah, WTH? SEPARATE POSTS PLEASE.

    Dampa sa may Macapagaaaaaaal. freeeeeesh.

    Na-miss ko tuloy maginhawa.. Orz

    ReplyDelete
  5. not yet. snickers ata yan. nakalimutan ko na. definitely a chocolate..
    not yet in Rob. AYAW KASI AKO PANIWALAAN NI PAPA NA MERONG SAVORY NA MALAPIT-LAPIT DITO. I've been at Savory near Antipolo Church at sa SM North.
    Dampa at Macapagal? saan yun? Dampa pa lang na napuntahan ko ay sa River Banks at Cubao Farmer's Market
    Lezz go Maginhawa~~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. "SEPARATE POSTS PLEASE."
    sure. later. *yao*

    ReplyDelete