Fatty Tuna Toro Sushi

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chicken and Asado

February 3, 2013, the day after we went to the flow fest, Ate Len dragged me to Sta.Lucia mall to look for accessories for her new phone. Since HTC Desire X is relatively a new model (around 6 months since its release), we failed in our goal. Its accessories are still hard to find. So for temporary screen protector, she had them customize for her phone. It was a bit unsightly so she was resolved to look for them again next time. I had the Samsung Galaxy Y unlocked. It was locked to Smart since it was free from her post paid plan. It has been a year so hopefully, it was fine and wasn't illegal. ( There's a law being drafted about banning unlocking of phones within a year of acquiring it without the consent of the service provider in the US I think. Dunno if it was passed. I believe there is none here in the Philippines.)

We had our late lunch at The Chicken Rice Shop near the National Bookstore. It was one of our favorite restaurant in there. She loves Hainanese Chicken in there. 


Curry Laksa
Available in dry or soup.
150+ php 


But she was craving for soup that time so she ordered Curry Laksa. It was too spicy for me. She loves it. 


Only available in 1/4 and 1/2 (No Personal size)
200 + php

I had Honey-Bbq Chicken. It's my favorite in there. I do mean it. It I'd always my order every single time. It's sweet and juicy. It comes with service soup and rice. They also have two sauce that's available for their chicken meals. One of them is spicy (like the one in the pic below) but within tolerable level. You can also request for the thick black soy sauce. I recommend requesting for that soy sauce.


88 php for 4 pcs and 108 for 6 pcs.

Another favorite of mine was Nyonya Pai Tee. It was for appetizer. I sometimes randomly crave for this one.


That night, for a late birthday celebration of Ate Len, we went to Lido (Cocina Tsina) after we attended a mass in St. Peter. This Lido is newly opened and along Commonwealth. It is located beside the Convergy's building which is beside St. Peter's Church. There is an underground parking lot so no danger that you'd have any problems with parking.

Yeah, sorry for the blurry photo. There was too much light and
 we're just using the camera in the HTC phone 

It is a family restaurant, not really somewhere you wanna hang out with your friends. (No Wi-Fi though I got some signals. -_-")Inside was just neat. I like those red Chinese lanterns. I do not know if it was a perpetual deco or just for the upcoming Chinese New Year.





It was a Sunday evening and we were lucky that when we got there, there were still quite a lot of vacant tables. A few minutes after we got there, people came. 


Eight Treasure Soup

Steamed Fish Fillet in House Soy

I forgot which Pancit this one is.

Lido Rice

16-Spiced Shantung Pork
(SPICY!)

Camarron Rebusado
I love this one!

Our orders.
Actually, we ordered their specialty, Pugon-Roasted Asado but since it arrived a bit later than the rest, we forgot to take a photo of it. 

I also had their iced tea. I love their iced tea. We also ordered a dessert. I forgot what it was called. It has mango and jelly in it with ice. 

To check their menu, click here. Although I am not sure if that was updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment